With covid-19 constantly at the forefront of our lives we find it important to clearly state our plan and policies on keeping our community safe. We will update the health handbook as we need as this is a fluid situation and constantly changing.
We have been learning and educating ourselves on the best procedures since day one. We have actively researched protocols for gymnastics schools and feel confident that our diligent cleaning is helping the fight of spreading the virus. Our mission to safely practice gymnastics with masks on both staff and athletes is helping to stop the spread. We are doing our part and ask that you help us in the fight to keep our doors open and your children active!
· STAFF – Adhere to all policies and guidelines set forth by the CDC as well as Ace Gymnastics. Keep good personal hygiene. Consider the safety of leisure activities and travel outside or work environment.
· STUDENTS – Follow protocol and support teammates to help ensure a low risk environment.
· PARENTS – Be sure your family is following the guidelines set by the CDC and ma.gov. Practice good hygiene for everyone's safety. Consider the safety of leisure activities and travel outside or work environment.
WE BELIEVE TO ENSURE EVERYONES SAFETY
WE ALL HAVE TO DO OUR PART!
Electromagnetic Sprayer with hospital grade disinfectant is used throughout the day to clean and disinfect surfaces and equipment after each group leaves an event. We use it through the entire gym 2x a day as well as when we leave at night.
Twice daily the gym is opened up and aired out when there are no occupants. As it gets colder it is harder to leave the windows and doors open while the heat is running. We do although keep windows open to allow air flow.
We are consistently wiping down bathrooms, door knobs as well as tables and chairs.
When anyone enters the facility hand sanitizer is given and temperatures are taken. Please be sure to monitor your child's health. We are trusting that you are ultimately in charge and would not send your child to Ace with any symptoms of illness. In addition, if you or someone in your household is sick we ask that you do not send your child to class.
OUR GOAL TO STOP THE SPREAD
With cases surging in our area we need to have a specific plan in place for our staff and families. We live and learn and will keep trying to be more specific in our emails. One will let you know your child had direct contact and the other will let you know your child was in the facility and did not have direct contact.
* If a staff member tests positive – email all students who worked directly with the coach, email all students who were exposed or in the facility at the same time. Staff member must quarantine and can only return to work once they are symptom free (please note a neg. Test result after a positive test result is not recommended. It often takes 2 or more months for the virus to leave your system. During this time this person is not infectious)
* If a student tests positive – email all students and staff who worked with or are in the same group as the positive case. Email those that were in the facility at the same time.
* If a family member of staff or student tests positive – Members of the household should get tested and quarantine during this time and can return after 7 days of quarantine and a neg. Covid test.
*What we have learned - We are not doctors or scientists so we are guided by those who know. If you are exposed to the virus you should wait 5 days to get tested. If you get tested right away it could be a false negative. If you are in class or a workout group with someone who has tested positive, we ask that you get tested and quarantine for 7 days. If you were in the facility with someone who has tested positive we are letting you know so you can watch for symptoms just in case there has been a rare spread.
Travel outside of Massachusetts – We ask that you adhere to the state guidelines during travel outside the state.
Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
Ace Gymnastics Closing Policy
In the event that we are either forced to close our doors or we deem it necessary to do so the following is our policy on tuition, make ups and credits.
Ace Gymnastics will not be charging new monthly tuition during any future closure. Tuition that has already been paid for the month will be prorated towards the next month that Ace will be operating, dependent upon the timing of the closure. We will make every effort to offer make ups if needed, too.